The Charms of Tokyo Street Photography Exhibition


I know, you must be thinking "What?! Another blog post about Tokyo Street?" and to be honest, I kind of have the same reaction. Nevertheless, repetition aside, I really do have something that makes me personally happy to share with you guys today. :)

So then, back in August, I was in Tokyo Street @ Pavilion KL. Since I had my bro's DSLR with me that day, I decided to snap some photos and join The Click Shop x Tokyo Street Photo Contest. I submitted 3 photos (the maximum allowed) really close to the deadline in early September and crossed my fingers.

Entry #1
Entry #2
Entry #3
So last week I was in Pavilion for the TANGS Closed-Door Preview Sales, and after the shopping was done, I was walking along the link bridge at level 4 when I came across the photography contest exhibition. Imagine my surprise when I saw a very familiar-looking photo displayed right next to the 3 winners...

Tadaa! Somebody added a caption for it too.
That was probably my most syiok sendiri yet FML moment - looking at the exhibition photos and seeing my submission made it as a finalist, but placed right next to the top 3 winners. Makes me wonder how close was I to winning one of those limited edition lomo cameras. =/ Oh well. I didn't really expect to win anyway. It was just a fun opportunity to snap some nice photos and try my luck. :)

See you next time at

13 comments

Unknown said...

your photos are great too! put them up in the exhibition! :P

toninkush said...

wow, looks pretty genuine. i'd bring my gf for a pak toh session there haha

My movie review on The Sorcerer and the White Snake (HK)

Ken Wooi said...

#1 and #2 are nice :)

FeeQ said...

Crap! I miss it. Btw, good shot do u have.

Emeryn said...

I like the first 2 photo. it's nice!

Kelvin said...

Wow, ur photo is exhibited. I would pick the 1st entry too :)

Unknown said...

Last picture with some editting..it will look cool!! XD

LauraLeia said...

Thank you everybody for the lovely comments! ^^

Jamie: Haha, thanks!
toninkush: Yup, it's a great place for a date!
ken: I think so too. But I submitted 3 anyway coz i kiasu AHAHAHA
FeeQ: Thank you~ :)
Emeryn: :D Arigatou~
Kelvin: That's my fave photo out of so many I took too. I was really happy they picked that one to exhibit, even though I didn't win any prize. :)
Eric: Yeah. But the contest rules stated no editing. Lazy to edit for the blog too, except to add watermark. XD

Emily said...

Soooo lovely! I wish I could've been there :(

Anonymous said...

wow great job! your photos are great!! ilove your craft!

Unknown said...

These are really great photos!! I love the Japanese theme as well~

Koh Kian Fai said...

lol that is your photo? great hehe :)

LauraLeia said...

Emy and Diane: Thank you! ^^
Nancy: Thanks! I always think Japanese theme are really sweet.
Kian Fai: Yup. I'm still an amateur at photography though. I just take pics as memories, not really into the whole "professional photography" stuff. :)