Review: Mentholatum Lip Pure (Orange) Lip Balm

♫ OneFM

I'm back again, with another lip balm to share with you! :) I've been using it alternately with the Maxilip lip balm, and there are a few differences between the two, which I'll mention in the post, so keep reading on to find out what they are. ( ノ^ω^)ノ

Mentholatum Lip Pure lip balm
Lip Pure Orange variant
Introducing the Mentholatum Lip Pure lip balm, which now comes in an Orange variant in addition to the original Fragrance Free variant.

Some info about the Lip Pure Orange lip balm
The Lip Pure lip balm is formulated with handpicked ingredients from all over the world, giving lips the best natural lip care and keeping it healthy and moisturized all day long. The key ingredients of Lip Pure Orange include:
  • Natural Beeswax (South America)
    Has emollient, soothing and softening properties; helps to retain moisture and prevent dry, chapped lips
  • Shea Butter (Africa)
    Helps lips regain its natural elasticity by locking in moisture for long-lasting hydration
  • Olive Oil (Italy)
    Helps reduce fine lines, prevents dryness and chapping, keeps lips soft and supple; excellent for extra dry and sensitive skin
  • Macadamia Seed Oil (Australia)
    Provides nourishment, repair and moisturization
  • Natural Phytosqualane (France)
    Creates a natural shield to protect lips from irritation, hydrates lips and easily absorbed.
  • Vitamin E
    Anti-oxidant which fights free radicals that damage skin, soothe lip damage caused by sun, wind and excessive dryness

Simple off-white packaging
Similar to Maxilip, the Lip Pure (Orange) lip balm comes in a simple off-white plastic tube with "Lip Pure" printed on the cover. This makes it light and convenient to carry around.

Lip Pure (Orange) lip balm
The lip balm itself is colourless, but gives a nice shine to the lips when applied. This orange variant has a very light and pleasant orange fragrance. I'm not a fan of oranges, but I find myself liking the orange-y scent because it really does uplift your senses and mood. (⊙ω⊙)

Again, as it is a transparent lip balm, I can only show you how it has helped to make my lips more smooth and moisturized.
Lip Pure lip swatch
Just like the Maxilip, I love how this Lip Pure lip balm helps to make my lips soft, smooth and moisturized. Although colourless and tasteless, it has a very nice, light orange scent that helps to uplift your mood. However, it does feel a bit greasy, which I (strangely) like, LOL. (^~^) I don't apply this before going to bed though, as the slick feeling feels kinda weird when you're going sleep. I know, I'm weird like that. (×_×;)

I love re-applying this lip balm, whenver and wherever :P
Mentholatum lip balms were the first ever lip balms I used (back in primary/secondary school) and although they were nice, I didn't like the menthol scent and taste, so I stopped using them. After using the Maxilip and Lip Pure lip balms, I'm happy to say I'm really impressed with how their products have improved, particularly by taking into consideration customers who dislike the minty menthol feeling.

✓ Pros: Does not contain preservatives and colorants, affordable, simple and convenient packaging, pleasant orange scent
✗ Cons: Feels a bit greasy/slick on the lips


The Lip Pure lip balm (Fragrance Free and Orange variants) retails for RM 14.90 at all major pharmacies and hypermarkets.

*This item was sent to me by Mentholatum Malaysia for review without financial compensation. All opinions expressed are completely honest and strictly my own.

9 comments

Mizu said...

have you try the mentholatum water lip? if you do, see any difference?

LauraLeia said...

Mizu: Nope, I've never tried that before. >_< It's been a while since I've used any lip balms from Mentholatum besides these 2 that i've reviewed, haha.

Charmaine Pua said...

Wow quite big difference!
I also need to buy new lip balm liao >__<

Sherry said...

wow nice, didn't see you in kinohmitsu.. hehe.. your seat was next to me.

Elie said...

Alarh! I just only wanted to go buy when you said it's of an orange variant but when you said a bit greasy, I got disheartened d. :(

Ahleessa said...

Never seen this, but this is really nice! I wonder how the orange will smell... hehe~

Xue Ren said...

hmm, i think i need to get a lip balm since i have dry lips these days. shall try out this brand then! :)

LauraLeia said...

Charmaine: Yes, I find myself getting back into the habit of applying lip balm now, lol~

Sherry: Oh, really?! :O I was supposed to go, but last minute had emergency so couldn't make it T__T It looked fun, and the customized goodies were so awesome.

Shneep: GO BUY IT! I kinda like the texture la coz it feels more smooth lololol you know, when you smack your lips together and it doesn't feel sticky haha

Ahleessa: The orange scent is nice and not too strong! Plus it really does makes me feel a bit more cheerful lol even though I don't really like oranges.

Xue Ren: Hehe yesh yesh go buy one and try! :D

Sarah said...

What pretty packaging haha > u < Thank you for the review! Is this available in any countries other than Malaysia? I live in the US...

Please check out my Korean facial mask giveaway: http://tokki-autumn.blogspot.com/2013/05/giveaway-first-monthiversaryty-50.html#comment-916185268