Review: OXY Anti-Pimple Mark Gel

♫ Bii 毕书尽 - Come Back To Me

Ahhh... OXY - the brand name irrevocably linked to the fight against pimples that has been around since I can remember.

Introducing OXY's latest addition to the range!
I was pretty fortunate to not have many pimple woes during my school years, but that doesn't mean I didn't get them during the occasional stressful exam period. When that happened, I would turn my room inside out just to find that small tube of OXY 10 to save the day. More often than not, the pimples started receding the next day, but many of them left behind ugly red marks that stayed long after the pimple had run its course.


Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to see this small little item land on my table several weeks ago. I had several pimple marks that were giving me a bit of a headache, so it was the perfect opportunity to put this OXY Anti-Pimple Mark Gel to the test. This new gel claims to not only lighten pimple marks, but also smoothen skin, help prevent blemishes, and revitalize skin cells.

Typical OXY screw cap tube
The gel comes in a soft plastic tube with a screw cap cover. Its small, travel-size packaging makes it easy to carry around in your bag or pouch during traveling.

Clear gel
The gel itself is transparent and does not have any scent. As it is transparent, the gel can be applied before or after make-up on targeted spots. Personally, I prefer to apply it on targeted areas after the toner step in my cleansing routine.

Diagram of how the gel works
OXY Anti-Pimple Mark Gel has a high content of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants, which helps lighten pimple marks and dark spots. It also contains arbutin that effectively brightens and re-balances skin tone. It is suitable for all skin types.

Below are the before and after (2 weeks) comparison after using the gel on targeted areas with pimple marks.
Pimple mark on cheek
Pimple mark on forehead/nose bridge
As you can see, the gel doesn't show much improvement on the marks on the cheek, but the marks on the forehead look lighter and less visible. I have to admit, I didn't apply it religiously every day, only on alternate days and usually before going to bed. Nevertheless, OXY products have been my go-to choice for pimple woes, and I daresay this anti-pimple mark gel is worth a try, considering that it worked and is very affordable even for students. :)


✓ Pros: Affordable price, works quite well to reduce pimple marks, suitable for all skin types, no colourants, fragrance-free
✗ Cons: Does not seem to smoothen skin or reduce blackheads, effects may vary on individuals


OXY Anti-Pimple Mark Gel (12g) retails at RM 13.90 and is available at all leading pharmacies and major supermarket outlets.

*This item was sent to me by Mentholatum Malaysia for review without financial compensation. All opinions expressed are completely honest and strictly my own.

8 comments

Leimun said...

i used this too and it doesn't improve the situation. =(

LauraLeia said...

Leimun: Aww >_< I guess the effect varies for diff people, same as any other product.

Bijin Blair said...

So affordable! Will look out for it the next time I go to the drugstore~

little miss smexy said...

Oxy brand, our high school life saver! =) Even till now Haha! But it doesn't work for me anymore ><

Ahleessa said...

I see the improvements on your acne scars. Thanks for the great review! :)

sadee said...

it looks it working

Camy said...

last time i tried the cleanser, it dont suits me, then i didnt try oxy anymre :X

Fionism said...

OKAY will go buy asap !! hehe thank u so much for the review :3