Thanks to HiShop, this time around I didn't have to crack my head thinking about what pattern I wanted, or spend half an hour choosing the right colour combination. (Yes, really.)
|Bloop Cosmetics nail strips and nail polish|
Bloop Cosmetics Nail PolishThe first thing I tried out was the nail polish. The one I received was a creme blue shade without any shimmer. It doesn't have a colour name, only a code under the bottle. Each bottle contains 13.5ml of polish.
The brush is rounded (not flat like some other nail polish brands) but the bristles are firm and work well in depositing and spreading the nail polish with a few quick strokes.
The nail polish is opaque in 1 thick coat, although I prefer applying 2 medium coats for full opacity and a smooth finish. Below are the comparison photos.
Bloop Cosmetics 'Nail It! With Bloop' Toe Nail StripsThe item that really caught my eye was this set of toe nail strips. I've heard of, seen and used nail strips for fingers, but this is my first time trying toe nail ones.
|Nail It! with Bloop toe nail stickers|
|Plenty of strips to suit all sizes|
I admit, the concept is brilliant and makes it easy to have pretty nails without spending a fortune on salon manicures, but there are several factors that discourage me from using nail strips often.
- Nail strips usually don't fit my nails. This is a personal problem because I have narrow and curved nails, but it plays a big part in why I prefer to paint and do my own (albeit simple) nail art.
- Nail strips are rarely as thin as they claim to be, and results in uneven/wrinkled application. These Bloop ones claim to be 'super thin' but to me they are pretty thick and not very strechable.
- Despite being an innovation that is supposed to be 'fast and easy' to use and apply, I find that painting my nails and topping with a fast dry top coat takes less time than than measuring, applying, filing, smoothing and sealing with top coat. (Or maybe that's just me?) Granted, nail strips have all sorts of amazing designs that would take AGES to draw, so in view of that, it does save a lot of time.
- Try sitting on the floor and fiddling with your toes for 30mins. It freaking hurts.
- Using a nail file to remove excess nail strips often results in very visible tip wear and uneven edges (refer pic below).
It's best to apply a layer of top coat to make the pedicure/manicure last longer, and also to give it a nice shine. I was a little disappointed by these toe nail strips, but maybe I'll have better luck with the finger nail strips? ;)
You can purchase Bloop nail polish and nail strips from HiShop.
*The items mentioned above was sent to me by HiShop Malaysia for review without financial compensation. All opinions expressed are completely honest and strictly my own.