Smaug the Dragon Inspired Nails

There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon, fast asleep; thrumming came from his jaws and nostrils, and wisps of smoke, but his fires were low in slumber. Beneath him, under all his limbs and his huge coiled tail, and about him on all sides stretching away across the unseen floors, lay countless piles of precious things, gold wrought and unwrought, gems and jewels, and silver red-stained in the ruddy light. Smaug lay, with wings folded like an immeasurable bat, turned partly on one side, so that the hobbit could see his underparts and his long pale belly crusted with gems and fragments of gold from his long lying on his costly bed. —J.R.R. Tolkien
Bilbo having a conversation with Smaug
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug enters cinemas this week, and I've decided to celebrate (in my own way) by adorning my nails with some Smaug-inspired nails. This means lots of red, gold and glitter - he (it?) is a fire-breathing dragon with a hoard of gold and treasure, after all. Basically I just dug out all the red, gold and gold glitter polishes that I had and did a different design for each nail. (>ï½™<)

Oooh, shiny!
I didn't really have a specific pattern or design in mind, so I just went with the red and gold theme for each nail. For the thumb, I used a glitter red polish on the tops, and used square golden studs as a border, representing Smaug on his hoard of gold.

For the index and middle, you can see more red with lots of gold glitter, kinda how I imagine Smaug would look like lying on piles of gold and precious jewels.

Finally, the ring and pinky finger, where Smaug's treasure lies. All that glitter is so shiny and sparkly, just like Smaug's 'costly bed' made from gold and mithril. Added some rhinestones to represent precious stones and jewels.

The amazing sparkles and bling just doesn't seem to translate well into photos, but I've tried my best to do so. Here's to hoping the studs and rhinestones don't fall off before I head to the premiere screening tonight, haha! (≧∇≦)

Thanks to Nuffnang Malaysia, I had the opportunity to catch the premiere screening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug last night. (✿♥‿♥)
Even the ticket looks more awesome than usual :3
So... shall we say 'enter the dragon' for Smaug's appearance on the big screen this week? (¬‿¬)

2 comments

Xana Hime said...

Really cool and awesome|

LauraLeia said...

Momodicted: Hehe~ Thank you! ^^