♫ Big Bang playlist on Spotify
I know, it's been ages since my last blog post! (╥_╥) ごめんなさい！
This year, I was extremely fortunate to win a preview pass - one pass admits 2 people - for the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2015, which means I get to enter the sale one day before it's open to the public. ψ(｀∇´)ψ Also means that I had to sacrifice one of my precious annual leave days, but I guess it was worth it. #workinglifewoes
The Big Bad Wolf (BBW) Book Sale 2015 is currently ongoing at MIECC @ The Mines from 4 - 14 Dec 2015. It's held non-stop 24 hours a day for the whole duration, so yes, it is perfectly acceptable (and fun!) to head there around midnight, spend the night there browsing in your pyjamas, and then head home at 6am for breakfast and bed.
|Love the carnival ticket design of the preview pass! :D|
|This year BBW went with a retro theme.|
I spent a good 3 hours in there, mainly browsing around the Fantasy/Fiction area and taking a look through the extensive Cooking section. Started feeling pretty hungry around 1pm (the smell of food from upstairs didn't help, lol) so we left at about 2pm for our favourite restaurant nearby - Restoran Leong Ya which is famous for its yong tau foo and paper-wrapped chicken.
So, on to my haul a.k.a. what I managed to grab during the #BBWKL2015 preview day.
- Cupcakes & Cake Pop set (only RM25 and it includes a bunch of baking and crafting utensils omg)
- Elizabeth Smith's Fast-Track Japanese
- The Hobbit-Lord Of The Rings box set
- The Hunger Games trilogy
- Set of sticky notes in a tin case
- Set of 3 notebooks
- Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
- Malice by John Gwynne
- Valour by John Gwynne
- The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Cima (I forgot I already have this T_T)
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
- Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav
- Legion and The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
- Paper Towns by John Green
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (hardcover with a metallic blue jacket omgwtflol)
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
|The odds were in my favour at this year's BBW|
The story: I was sorting through my first pile of books at the sorting corner, when I noticed that a couple behind me had Lang Leav's Lullabies on top of their stack, so I asked them where they had found it. The guy said they'd picked it up at the Literature section, but then handed me the book because they had taken extra. I very buay paiseh and asked if they could give me their unwanted copy of Love & Misadventure instead, since I'd already bought Lullabies earlier this year. Score!
P/S: I went around to the Literature section after that but didn't see any more copies of Lang Leav's books.
However, due to budget reasons, I had to leave behind a few other interesting reads...
|I had no idea so many people wanted #GIRLBOSS lol|