Review: Catrice Absolute Eye Colour Mono in 570 Plum Up The Jam

♫ DJ Shadow - Six Days (Feat. Mos Def) (Remix)

I'm starting to think I have a thing for reddish eyeshadows, judging from the ones I've reviewed on my blog so far. (⌒_⌒;) Well, here's another one to add to the list, and it's the Catrice Absolute Eye Colour Mono in 570 Plum Up The Jam, which I purchased on my last Singapore trip.



I was attracted to this particular shade because its rich burgundy hue reminded me of Marsala, Pantone Color of the Year 2015.

(Source: Pantone)
The mono eyeshadow is packaged in a completely transparent plastic flip casing, nothing fancy, which makes it easy to identify individual eyeshadow shades. The plastic case is light, and while it may not feel very sturdy, it's not too bad, and definitely worth the cheap price tag. It's fairly small (approx 4x4 cm) and is easy to carry around.


Each eyeshadow mono pan contains 2.0g of product, and is made in France.


It looks absolutely gorgeous, right? The fine golden shimmers complement the eyeshadow perfectly, making it more interesting than a flat burgundy shade.



Unfortunately, it merely looks better than it performs. I was quite disappointed that the eyeshadow was not very pigmented, and lacked the depth and complexity of the colour seen in the pan. It performed a bit better with an eyeshadow base, although the golden shimmer sadly did not translate well when applied on skin, making it look rather muddy.

Shown above is 2 swipes each
For the look below, I used Catrice Long Lasting Eyeshadow 070 Mauvie Star as a base all over the eyelid, and then applied 570 Plum Up The Jam on the outer corner. The cream eyeshadow worked very well as a shimmery base for the plum eyeshadow, and made up for the non-existent golden shimmer, haha!


Although this particular shade did not wow me as I had expected, I still quite like it when worn like this. Despite its lack of pigmentation, it layers beautifully over a shimmery (cream) base, and is not too scary especially for beginners. It's also quite soft without any fallout, and easily blended out using a fluffy brush.


If you're looking for a rich burgundy eyeshadow to add to your collection, you might want to give this a miss. However, if like me, you prefer using eyeshadow monos or just want to expand and experiment with more unique shades, you can give this a try. :)

I really like how this eyemake turned out, so here's another shot of it, haha! ♪(◡‿◡)♫


Get the look:
✿ Catrice Made To Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow in 070 Mauvie Star - all over eyelid
✿ Catrice Absolute Eye Colour Mono in 570 Plum Up The Jam - outer half of eyelid
✿ Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner in #15 Burgundy Garnet - used as (upper) eyeliner
✿ NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk - lower waterline
Bunny Color Brown circle lens

2 comments

Sakuranko said...

This eyeshadow is very pretty even If I´m not fan of this color
xx

www.sakruanko.com

Ahleessa said...

I have never heard of this brand, but loving the packaging. I'm not a huge fan of purple. It makes me look like I have bruised eyes but it looks hot on you! :)

http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/