EXO Inspired Nails

♫ EXO The 1st Album 'XOXO' (‘으르렁’ Repackage)

Back to beauty after that little otaku intermission, eh? ;)
Anyway, today I'd like to show you my EXO-inspired nails. To be honest, I wasn't really into EXO until I heard "Wolf", then "Growl" came around - and the rest is HISTORY (okay, only EXO fans will get this).

EXO Inspired Nails

The overall theme might be EXO, but each finger has a different meaning, so I'll do a short breakdown of each.

Thumb and index finger
HISTORY/MAMA era
XOXO first album era
So... basically the design on the thumb (black, gold, silver) is based on EXO's style during History/MAMA, while the index finger is based on the monochrome colour scheme of their XOXO album.
Thumb: The Body Shop 'Starry Night'
Index: Essence Metallics magnetic nail polish 'Steel Me'

The square gold and hexagon silver nail studs are from kkcenterhk. I admit, I chose the hexagon silver ones purely because it reminded me of the EXO logo. ψ(`∇´)ψ

Middle finger design
Photo credits: Arirang
The design on the middle finger is based on their Wolf MV outfits, where they have this black and white theme. Here, I drew two black stripes on a white base to mimic their socks, and added a silver hexagon stud to represent their logo.
Middle: O.P.I. 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' as base, Essence 'Fabuless' for stripes

Ring finger
Sehun's rainbow hair
Yes, my ring finger nail design is based on my EXO bias, Sehun. More specifically, his oh-so-fabulous rainbow hair that got me to notice EXO in the first place. (。♥‿♥。)
Ring: Essence 'Got A Secret' grey as base, Etude House WH901 'Cotton Candy Kiss' pastel glitter


Pinky finger
XOXO 'Growl' repackage album
Last but not least, the pinky finger adds a pop of colour with bright yellow, just like the 으르렁 on the repackage cover, and my absolute favourite track from the album.
Pinky: White base, Lioele #40 'Summer Yellow'


Are you an EXO fan? What do you think? I'd love to see your inspired nail designs too! (≧∇≦)

9 comments

Hilda Milda™ said...

You can really start a nail art blog soon :P HEHE love the one on the middle finger! I only listen to one of their song, Growl cause of the catchy intro :p

Swee San said...

so nice and creative!

Anonymous said...

Great design ! You are to talented ! :D

Nicole Yie said...

wowwww this is awesome!! :D

http://nicole-yie.blogspot.com

Shayne ♥ said...

this is probably the first time i've seen an NOTD post that each nail has a story :) i like that concept! my favorite is the one inspired by the rainbow hair, would love to try that hairstyle too lol!

My Nguyen said...

Great manicure!
Your blog looks really pretty :)
I love EXO <3 I also wasn't into EXO until I heard Growl hihi ^^

Etude House Minnie Collection Giveaway

LauraLeia said...

Hilda: I think I probably should, but I'm too lazy so I'll just put them in the 'nail art' or 'nail polish' tag HAHAHA! They won Best Song of the Year at this evening's 2013 Melon Music Awards, so proud of them! <3

Swee San: Hehe thank you! ^^

Sarah: Thank you Sarah! I still need to work on my drawing skills though, haha~

Nicole: Thank you so much! :)

Shayne: Aww thank you for the sweetest comment ever! ^^ Yes, I love his rainbow hair so much! I'd get it too if it wasn't so expensive and hard to maintain. >_<

LauraLeia said...

My Nguyen: Thank you so much for dropping by! :D Yay for a fellow EXO fan! Growl is really the most addictive song ever, hehe~ XD

Unknown said...

Oh these are so adorable!!